Dates: June 9-27, 2014
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Host University: Universidad Iberoamericana
Focus: International Environmental Law; International Business Law
Tuition and Fees: $3,800 for three-week program, plus $200 non-refundable enrollment fee
Explore Mexico, California’s Largest Trading Partner
Join us for three unforgettable weeks in Mexico City, where you can study law, meet important players in Mexican law, and enjoy cultural sights. Because Mexico is California’s top trading partner, it’s valuable to have a familiarity with Mexican law and legal entities. You’ll have the chance to tour the National Customs Office and the Federal Appellate Court for business as well as cultural tours.
Reasons to Study Abroad in Mexico
- Stunning setting. The Iberoamericana University campus is a stunning, park-like campus and tours take you to beautiful sights including floating gardens in the jungle and immense pyramids.
- Amazing externships. Even if you don’t speak Spanish, you can gain valuable hands-on experience at a law firm or non-profit through our externship program.
- Low cost. The cost to fly to Mexico is relatively low, and the costs of living are much lower than in other countries offering law Study Abroad. And, the flight is relatively short.
- You have time to work or pursue an internship. Because the Mexico Study Abroad program takes place in June, you have the rest of the summer to work at a job or internship.
- Mexico is California’s top trading partner. Anyone working in California should have a familiarity with Mexican law and culture due to the amount of business between the two countries.
- Safety. The program is held in the safest part of Mexico City, and near many important sights. This program carries a perfect safety record with no incidents.
- Tours to enjoy and educate. The program includes tours to important governmental offices and legal sights as well as tours to ancient sights found nowhere else in the world, such as the pyramids of Teotihuacan.
- Environmental Law focus. Half of the courses in the program are focused on environmental law, which is a hot field for employment right now.