July 18 – 29, 2016 (2 week program);
July 9 – 29, 2016 (3 week program);
June 4 – July 29, 2016 (8 week program)
Location: Nanjing, China
Host: Nanjing University
Focus: Business Law; Children’s Rights/Family Law
Tuition and Fees: Non-refundable enrollment fee of $200 before April 1, or $400 beginning April 2. Plus:
$3,900 for two-week program;
$4,200 for three-week program;
$8,430 for eight-week program.
Anticipated Enrollment: Based on previous years, the estimated enrollment is approximately 30-35 students. More students may be permitted to enroll if space is available.
Explore China’s Legal and Cultural Landscape
Gain a new cultural and legal perspective by touring historic and cultural sites, learning alongside Chinese students in class sessions, and listening to lectures by Chinese professors and business leaders. The program includes a tour in Beijing, and the cost of the tour is included in tuition (roundtrip transportation to Beijing not included).
All classrooms and administrative offices used during the program are located the law school building on the campus of Nanjing University. The building is a short (less than 5 minute) walk from program housing at the Jingli Hotel.
Reasons to Study Abroad in China
- Picturesque Setting. Nanjing, a former capital of China, offers a very authentic Chinese experience, yet is an hour by train to Shanghai for a big-city sightseeing.
- Cultural and Legal Tours. The program includes a trip to Beijing with a guided tour of the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square and Temple of Heaven. (Roundtrip transportation to Beijing not included.)
- Valuable Externship Opportunities. Students can obtain valuable experience by externing at Chinese law firms in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Child and Family Law Focus. China has a very interesting history in family law, and it is the largest sending country for intercountry adoption. Our students have many opportunities to get hands-on experience with these entities to truly experience international child and family law.
- Business Law. China is a powerhouse in the business world, and Whittier students hear lectures from powerful leaders and professors who offer insight into that world.