In order to receive financial aid, all students (entering and continuing) are responsible for completing the following requirements every year:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://fafsa.ed.gov. Please note, only students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens can apply. Applicants must have an FSA user ID when filing. Students can request their FSA user ID via the following website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students should indicate “Whittier Law School” in the school section. Our school code is E00480.
- Submit the Law School’s Financial Aid Application. This application is used in the reviewing process and for verification purposes.
- Submit other documents as requested, i.e. Verification Worksheet, Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency, Valid Driver’s License, Copy of Social Security Card, Proof of Non-Default of Student Loans, etc. The Financial Aid Office will contact you when additional documentation is required.
The deadline to submit all required documentation is May 1st. Failure to submit documents prior to this date may result in delayed aid processing.
How to Request IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter, 2017-18
An IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter – provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. To access this document:
- Visit www.irs.gov
- Under “Tools” select “Get a Tax Transcript”
- Click “Get Transcript ONLINE” (If at any point, you cannot validate your identity – for example, you cannot provide financial verification information or you lack access to a mobile phone – you may use Get Transcript by MAIL, see below)
- Enter the non-filer’s Social Security Number, email address, filing status, account numbers for loan or credit card associated with your name, and mobile phone associated with your name.
- Click “Continue”
- Select “Verification of Non-filing Letter” and in the Tax Year field select “2015”
- If successfully validated, you will be able to view your IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter.